This dessert is a crowd pleaser at any event! It’s a combination of some of our favorite recipes: Chocolate chip cookies, bittersweet chocolate filling, and salted caramel mousse. The marriage of these three recipes is an absolute honeymoon for your tastebuds!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust
2 cups crispy chocolate chip cookie crumbs
1/4 to 1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Press into a greased tart pan.
- Bake until crust begins to set. About 12 minutes.
- Let cool. Set aside and let chill for about 30 minutes.
Dark Chocolate Creme
Recipe adapted from Alice Medrich’s Chocolate Pudding Pie.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt to blend in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Gradually add 1/3 cup milk, whisking until a smooth paste forms.
- Whisk in remaining milk and cream.
- Using a flat-bottom wooden spoon or heatproof spatula, stir mixture constantly over medium heat. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pan until the pudding thickens and begins to bubble at edges. About 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rum and vanilla.
- Poor hot creme into cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
1 3/4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
8 tablespoons cool water, divided
1 cup sugar
2 3/4 cups heavy cream, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Sprinkle powdered gelatin into 2 tablespoons of cool water. Allow it to sit for 3 minutes.
- Mix sugar and 6 tablespoons of water in a medium size sauce pan. Place over medium heat. Do not stir. Gently swirl if sugar crystals accumulate on the sides of the pan. Leave on heat until it turns from a pale amber to a rich caramel color. About 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat (the sugar will continue to darken as it cools). Do not stir.
- Slowly whisk 3/4 cup heavy cream into caramel. Caramel will bubble up as you add the cream. Set aside to cool.
- Whip 2 cups of heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Whisk gelatin into warm caramel.
- Gently fold caramel into heavy cream.
- Spoon mousse into a pastry bag with your desired decorating tip.
Remove your masterpiece from the tart pan onto your serving plate. Decorate with your salted caramel mousse. We love using a star tip to give it a little texture!
Tip: You can even sprinkle espresso or smoked salt on top to give it a little more pop.
Want the Reward without the Work?
Whoever said you can’t have your cake and eat it too has obviously never worked with us! This delicious dessert could be part of your event menu. Our event coordinator will help you decide on the perfect desserts. Or you could simply order one by itself!« Previous Page