5 medium to large Yukon gold potatoes
2 c. blended oil (50% vegetable & Olive Oil)
2 large Shallots, Thinly Sliced
1 Tbl. Chopped Fresh Thyme
1 Tbl. Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 c. Chicken Stock
2 Tbl. Unsalted Butter, Cubed
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes under cold water and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in baking dish with oil, shallots. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Bake at 400 until potatoes are soft and edges start to brown, about 25 min.
4. Remove from heat and cool for 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
5. Then strain oil and set aside. Heat potatoes in a sauté pan and add fresh herbs and chicken stock, cooking until stock is reduced by 2/3 and add butter.
Chef Bill’s Note: This potato dish goes great with steak or chicken with some grilled asparagus. Finish with a little Parmesan for a little different flavor.