This dessert will satisfy any chocolate craving. It is a cross between crème brulée and chocolate pudding - very rich and decadent to say the least!
5 Large egg yolks
5 Tablespoons Sugar
¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 3/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
10 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (Callebaut)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Brewed Espresso Coffee
1. Whisk yolks, sugar, and salt until combined. Add cream and half and half.
2. Transfer to a sauce pan and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and the temperature reaches 180ºF.
3. Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour the egg/sugar mixture over the chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. Whisk until smooth and then add vanilla and espresso. Pour into nine 4-ounce ramekins or 18 small espresso cups.
4. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate over night.
5. Allow to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving and garnish with chantilly cream.
To Make Chantilly Cream:
½ Cup Heavy Cream
2 Teaspoon Sugar
½ Teaspoon Vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until barely stiff.