Servings: makes 1 large ball or 4 small balls
- 16 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz Sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp Finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup Toasted chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Mix all ingredients except nuts in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Divide dough into four equal pieces and roll into balls; place on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for one hour.
- Roll the cheese balls in your choice of nuts.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
This recipe comes from my good friend, Erin Dannelly. She makes cheese balls by the dozen and gives them to friends and family during the holidays. The cheese balls freeze well. If you choose to make them in advance to freeze, add the nuts prior to serving. You can make one large cheese ball or up to four small cheese balls per recipe.« Previous Page