BBQ Shrimp Salad
Notes: Grilled shrimp on a bread salad – inspiration from Italian panzanilla
1# shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. EVOO
1. Marinate with lemon, garlic and olive oil.
2. Grill Shrimp.
3. Grill bread at same time.
2 slices of crusty artisan bread
1. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Salt and pepper.
4. Cut into small 1 inch chunks.
4 c. mixed greens
½ c. parsley leaves
¼ c. red onions, slivered
½ c. basil leaves
¼ c. black olives
Parmesan, freshly grated
1. Toss together in large bowl.
1 Tbsp. balsamic or champagne vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
½ c. basil, chiffonade
1 c. heirloom tomatoes diced or cherry tomatoes quartered
1 c. fresh mozzarella – cubed or ½ c. feta cheese (optional)
Salt & Pepper
1. Combine vinegar, olive oil and garlic.
2. Add tomatoes and basil.
3. Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. This can sit out at room temperature while you are preparing everything else or place in the refrigerator overnight. Pull out to warm to room temperature before serving. We want the flavors to mellow and the tomatoes to break down to create a nice dressing for the salad.
1. Combine grilled bread and salad ingredients together and toss with tomato vinaigrette.
2. Place shrimp artistically on top of salad.
3. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
Serves 4« Previous Page