Makes 24 scones
1 lb 12 oz bread flour
3 oz sugar, plus extra for coating tops
3 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp finely ground sea salt
1 tsp finely ground dry lavender buds
3½ cup heavy cream
⅓ cup honey
1 cup toasted sliced almonds
To make ahead:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lavender in a large bowl. Mix to evenly distribute.
- Add the cream and honey, mixing by hand until it comes together, but do so gently.
Divide the dough into thirds, cover with a towel and let rest on a floured surface for ten minutes.
- Shape each portion of dough with floured hands into flat discs about 8” around and 1” high; cut into 8ths radially.
- Dip the tops in cream then sugar to get a nice crystallized top. Prepare two parchment- or silicone-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until risen and lightly brown, then lower heat to 350° and continue to bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Shape the dough into discs and cut to desired size. Wrap each section individually and freeze. Can be baked direct from the freezer, does not need to be thawed first. Allow approximately 4 additional minutes for baking.