Coho Restaurant is proud to participate in the Island’s Certified Local Program. Besides obtaining the freshest products around, our local San Juan Island producers offer incredible quality. We have also developed the first farm to table to farm composting project in Friday Harbor with Sweet Earth Farms enabling us to recycle our kitchen waste in a sustainable manner.
We showcase grass fed beef and pork from local Washington producers.
Maria, the Fruit Lady, brings stone fruit, apples and pears from her family orchard in Orondo, Washington.
Mad Hatcher Farm, Eastern Washington, raises squab, poussin, chicken, turkey, rabbit and quail. In addition to his poultry, Bernie Nash works with neighboring farms to bring Chef Bill luscious stone fruit, heirloom tomatoes, melons and other hot-weather ingredients, not readily grown in the Islands due to our cooler climate.
You won’t be able to finder fresher, more mild-tasting shellfish than Westcott Bay Seafood, just 20 minutes up the road from Coho Restaurant on the shoreline of San Juan Island near the Canadian border. The Bay is enriched by the clean, cold waters of the Straits of Juan de Fuca giving the shellfish a delicate sweet flavor.
The bounty of local produce from Mama Bird Farms and Sweet Earth farms on San Juan Island provide us with vegetables, greens, and edible flowers.
- Jones Family Farms (Lopez Island) pork, lamb, salmon, shellfish
- High Seas Tuna (San Juan Island) albacore tuna
- Organic Antics (San Juan Island) wild mushrooms
- San Juan Distillery & Westcott Bay Cider (San Juan Island) hard cider & gin
- Sweet Earth Farms (San Juan Island) produce
- Westcott Bay Shellfish (San Juan Island) mussels, clams, oysters
- Cascadia Mushrooms (Bellingham, WA) mushrooms
- Dancing Seeds Farms (San Juan Island) herbs, greens, root vegetables, brassicas
- Ralph’s Greenhouse (Mt. Washington) carrots, parsnips, beets
- Hopewell Farm (Everson, WA) brussel sprouts
- SpringRain Farm (Chimacum, WA) duck
- Cabrera Farms (Burlington, WA) lettuce
- Osprey Hill Farm (Acme, WA) fingerling potatoes
- Cedarville Farms (Bellingham, WA) fennel
- Pelindaba Lavender (San Juan Island) culinary lavender
- Mad Hatcher Poultry (Ephrata, WA) chickens, quail, squab, eggs
- Aurora Farms (San Juan Island) greens
- Maria, The Fruit Lady (Orondo, WA) stone fruit, apples, pears
- Boldy Grown Farm (Skagit Valley, WA) squash
- Local Roots Farm (Duvall, WA) shallots
- MyShan Dairy (Lynden, WA) Guernsey milk
- Sauk Farm (Concrete, WA) apples, cider
- Hedlin Farms (Mt. Vernon, WA) squash, onions
- Valley Rabbits (Acme, WA) sustainable gourmet rabbits